FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-21-2009, 10:57 PM
Roman Gelfand
 
Default Chat Client

I am looking for a good web xmpp client that would is able to make
server to server connection on port 5222.

Would anyone know of such software?


Thanks in advance


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 11-21-2009, 11:25 PM
Niu Kun
 
Default Chat Client

Roman Gelfand wrote:
> I am looking for a good web xmpp client that would is able to make
> server to server connection on port 5222.
>
> Would anyone know of such software?
>
>
> Thanks in advance
>
>
>
Pidgin may be the most famous one.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 11-22-2009, 11:58 AM
"S. Fishpaste"
 
Default Chat Client

On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 08:25:10 +0800, Niu Kun in gmane.linux.debian.user wrote:
> Roman Gelfand wrote:
>> I am looking for a good web xmpp client that would is able to make
>> server to server connection on port 5222.
>>
>> Would anyone know of such software?
>>
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>>
>>
> Pidgin may be the most famous one.

+1 Great client. Can use for Facebook,Yahoo,MSN & GTalk in one session.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 11-27-2009, 08:13 PM
Paul Johnson
 
Default Chat Client

Roman Gelfand wrote:

> I am looking for a good web xmpp client that would is able to make
> server to server connection on port 5222.

None. Clients are, by definition, not able to make a server to server
connection.



--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 11-27-2009, 11:48 PM
Kelly Clowers
 
Default Chat Client

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 04:58, S. Fishpaste
<SDA@deer-in-the-headlights.ca.invalid> wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 08:25:10 +0800, Niu Kun in gmane.linux.debian.user wrote:
>> Roman Gelfand wrote:
>>> I am looking for a good web xmpp client that would is able to make
>>> server to server connection on port 5222.
>>>
>>> Would anyone know of such software?
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>>
>>>
>>>
>> Pidgin may be the most famous one.
>
> +1 Great client. Can use for Facebook,Yahoo,MSN & GTalk in one session.

Facebook has an xmpp proxy now, gtalk is xmpp, and msn and yahoo can be
done with server side transports. No need for a multi-protocol client at all.


Cheers,
Kelly Clowers


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:35 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org