Old 11-21-2009, 04:04 PM
T o n g

Default Synaptics touchpad not well configured

Hi,

I installed xserver-xorg-input-synaptics, but found my synaptics touchpad
is not well configured. I.e., the side-scrolling, middle-click and right-
click etc, all not working properly. I tried Ubuntu 9.04, and everything
works as expected.

I'm wondering how Ubuntu does it, or, how I can have my synaptics
touchpad works as expected under Debian.

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/

Old 11-21-2009, 11:35 PM
Celejar

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 17:04:10 +0000 (UTC)
T o n g <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed xserver-xorg-input-synaptics, but found my synaptics touchpad
> is not well configured. I.e., the side-scrolling, middle-click and right-
> click etc, all not working properly. I tried Ubuntu 9.04, and everything
> works as expected.
>
> I'm wondering how Ubuntu does it, or, how I can have my synaptics
> touchpad works as expected under Debian.

One easy way: look at gpointing-device-settings. One big problem with
it - at least in some cases (including my setup), at least some
settings aren't preserved across X sessions:

Celejar

Old 11-22-2009, 04:25 AM
T o n g

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 19:35:22 -0500, Celejar wrote:

>> I'm wondering how Ubuntu does it, or, how I can have my synaptics
>> touchpad works as expected under Debian.
>
> One easy way: look at gpointing-device-settings. One big problem with
> it - at least in some cases (including my setup), at least some settings
> aren't preserved across X sessions:

The gsynaptics doesn't have that problem, but another big problem with it
is that, the features can be set are way to limited.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:18 PM
Celejar

On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 05:25:31 +0000 (UTC)
T o n g <mlist4suntong@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 19:35:22 -0500, Celejar wrote:
>
> >> I'm wondering how Ubuntu does it, or, how I can have my synaptics
> >> touchpad works as expected under Debian.
> >
> > One easy way: look at gpointing-device-settings. One big problem with
> > it - at least in some cases (including my setup), at least some settings
> > aren't preserved across X sessions:
>
> The gsynaptics doesn't have that problem, but another big problem with it
> is that, the features can be set are way to limited.

gpointing is "modern replacement for gsynaptics" (from the package
description of the latter).

Celejar