Old 01-04-2008, 02:45 AM
"Mauricio Lin"

Default undefined symbol for pango_language_get_default in lenny upgrade

Hi all,

After upgrading my dist from etch to lenny I got problems with GTK applications.

When I try to run any GTK application the following error is displayed
in the terminal:

symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol:
pango_language_get_default

For example, this error happens to synaptic, gedit, icedove and gnome
desktop as well.

Is there any solution for that? What would be the procedure for that?

BR,

Mauricio Lin.

Old 01-04-2008, 03:08 PM
"Mauricio Lin"

Hi Florian,

On Jan 4, 2008 6:06 AM, Florian Kulzer <florian.kulzer+debian@icfo.es> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 23:45:26 -0400, Mauricio Lin wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > After upgrading my dist from etch to lenny I got problems with GTK applications.
> >
> > When I try to run any GTK application the following error is displayed
> > in the terminal:
> >
> > symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol:
> > pango_language_get_default
> >
> > For example, this error happens to synaptic, gedit, icedove and gnome
> > desktop as well.
> >
> > Is there any solution for that? What would be the procedure for that?
>
> pango_language_get_default is defined in /usr/lib/libpango-1.0.so.0,
> which is part of the libpango1.0-0 package. Which version of this
> package is installed on your system? You can check this by running
>
> dpkg -l libpango1.0-0
>
> in a terminal. A fully up-to-date Lenny system should have version
> 1.18.3-1. (Just post the output of this command to this list if you are
> not sure what it means; we can have a look then.)

The version is 1.18.3-1 as follows:

||/ Name Version
Description
+++-===============================================-================================-==============================================
ii libpango1.0-0 1.18.3-1
Layout and rendering of internationalized text

> My guess is that your upgrade is incomplete, so you should also tell us
> which package manager and which command or menu option you used to
> perform this upgrade.

After changing the sources.list to lenny repository I did the following steps:

#apt-get update

#apt-get dist-upgrade

Any suggestion?

BR,