Old 11-20-2009, 03:08 PM
Dotan Cohen

Default Can anyone vouch for linuxpackages.net

I just discovered the linuxpackages.net website. Can anyone vouch for
this site? I am a bit wary of installing software from some unknown
website.

Thanks.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

Old 11-20-2009, 03:09 PM
Dotan Cohen

> I just discovered the linuxpackages.net website. Can anyone vouch for
> this site? I am a bit wary of installing software from some unknown
> website.

Oops, nevermind, it seems to be slackware only!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

Old 11-20-2009, 09:37 PM
Allen

On Friday 20 November 2009 11:09:18 am Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > I just discovered the linuxpackages.net website. Can anyone vouch for
> > this site? I am a bit wary of installing software from some unknown
> > website.
>
> Oops, nevermind, it seems to be slackware only!

For what it's worth, I can vouch for it. But yea, it's only for Slackware. But
you could probably build them on Debian if you wanted. Debian and Slackware
aren't exactly far apart.

--
http://www.myspace.com/farmacyofhorror
Digital Horror Punk - Music I make! All done with LMMS