Old 11-20-2009, 09:17 AM
Javier Barroso

Default Why aptitude wants to remove zenity and xserver-xephyr?

I would like to guess why aptitude removed my zenity and
xserver-xephyr when I only want to remove hplip-gui. In its output
appear "{u}" , I think it means "because of a upgrade"

# aptitude remove hplip-gui
Leyendo lista de paquetes... Hecho
Creando árbol de dependencias
Leyendo la información de estado... Hecho
Leyendo la información de estado extendido... Hecho
Inicializando el estado de los paquetes... Hecho
Se ELIMINARÁN los siguientes paquetes:
gksu{u} hplip-gui libdmx1{u} libgksu2-0{u} libphonon4{u}
libqt4-assistant{u} libqt4-help{u} libqt4-svg{u} libqt4-test{u}
libqt4-webkit{u} libqt4-xmlpatterns{u} python-qt4{u}
python-qt4-dbus{u} python-reportlab{u} python-sip4{u}
xserver-xephyr{u}
zenity{u}
0 paquetes actualizados, 0 nuevos instalados, 17 para eliminar y 47
sin actualizar.
Necesito descargar 0B de ficheros. Después de desempaquetar se liberarán 53,5MB.
¿Quiere continuar? [Y/n/?] Y
Escribiendo información de estado extendido... Hecho
(Leyendo la base de datos ... 00%
131826 ficheros y directorios instalados actualmente.)
Desinstalando hplip-gui ...
Desinstalando gksu ...
Desinstalando libdmx1 ...
Desinstalando libgksu2-0 ...
update-alternatives: using
/usr/share/libgksu/debian/gconf-defaults.libgksu-sudo to provide
/usr/share/gconf/defaults/10_libgksu (libgksu-gconf-defaults) in auto
mode.
Desinstalando python-qt4 ...
Desinstalando libqt4-webkit ...
Desinstalando libphonon4 ...
Desinstalando libqt4-assistant ...
Desinstalando libqt4-help ...
Desinstalando libqt4-svg ...
Desinstalando libqt4-test ...
Desinstalando libqt4-xmlpatterns ...
Desinstalando python-qt4-dbus ...
Desinstalando python-reportlab ...
Desinstalando python-sip4 ...
Desinstalando xserver-xephyr ...
Desinstalando zenity ...
Procesando disparadores para desktop-file-utils ...
Procesando disparadores para menu ...
Procesando disparadores para man-db ...
Procesando disparadores para python-support ...
Leyendo lista de paquetes... Hecho
Creando árbol de dependencias
Leyendo la información de estado... Hecho
Leyendo la información de estado extendido... Hecho
Inicializando el estado de los paquetes... Hecho
Escribiendo información de estado extendido... Hecho

One question OT: Is better paste here inline (in the mail), or better
put a link to paste.debian.net ?

Thanks!

Old 11-20-2009, 09:36 AM
Sven Joachim

On 2009-11-20 11:17 +0100, Javier Barroso wrote:

> I would like to guess why aptitude removed my zenity and
> xserver-xephyr when I only want to remove hplip-gui. In its output
> appear "{u}" , I think it means "because of a upgrade"

No, it means "unused", i.e. these packages were automatically installed,
and no manually installed packages depend on (or recommend) them
anymore.

If you don't like this behavior, you can turn off the automatic deletion
of unused packages. Start the aptitude TUI and uncheck the box under
"Options -> Preferences -> Remove unused packages automatically".

> One question OT: Is better paste here inline (in the mail), or better
> put a link to paste.debian.net ?

Unless the output is very large, I strongly prefer pasting it inline,
because it makes reading and replying much easier. Some of us read even
read their mail offline, which makes having to go to a website even more
inconvenient.

Sven