Old 11-20-2009, 04:23 AM
"Todd A. Jacobs"

Default Problems with insserv during upgrade

I'm unable to complete a recent install, and am unsure if my system is
in a (re)bootable state. I have the following errors:

$ sudo aptitude install -f
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done
The following partially installed packages will be configured:
apache2.2-common mdadm samba swat winbind
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
Setting up apache2.2-common (2.2.14-2) ...
insserv: script vsftpd2: service vsftpd already provided!
insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (0 1 6) of script `nvidia-kernel' overwrites defaults (empty).
insserv: warning: current stop runlevel(s) (0 1 6) of script `nvidia-glx' overwrites defaults (empty).
insserv: There is a loop between service mountall and hibernate-cleanup if started
insserv: loop involving service hibernate-cleanup at depth 7
insserv: loop involving service mdadm at depth 6
insserv: There is a loop between service mountall and hibernate-cleanup if started
insserv: loop involving service mountall-bootclean at depth 6
insserv: loop involving service mountall at depth 5
insserv: loop involving service checkfs at depth 4
insserv: loop involving service networking at depth 19
insserv: exiting now without changing boot order!
update-rc.d: error: insserv rejected the script header
dpkg: error processing apache2.2-common (--configure):

# snipped for brevity
samba
winbind
swat
mdadm
apache2.2-common

Obviously this is some sort of problem with dependency-based booting,
but I'm not sure how to fix it.

--
"Oh, look: rocks!"
-- Doctor Who, "Destiny of the Daleks"

Old 11-20-2009, 08:59 AM
martin f krafft

also sprach Todd A. Jacobs <nospam@codegnome.org> [2009.11.20.0623 +0100]:
> insserv: There is a loop between service mountall and hibernate-cleanup if started

#554905

--
.'`. martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o> Related projects:
: :' : proud Debian developer http://debiansystem.info

"if there's anything more important than my ego,
i want it caught and shot now."
-- zaphod beeblebrox