-   -   Cups 1.3 documentation in Lenny or on web? (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/283315-cups-1-3-documentation-lenny-web.html)

Paul E Condon 11-19-2009 08:48 PM

Cups 1.3 documentation in Lenny or on web?

I am trying to configure my cups print server 'properly'. That
is to say, by reading documentation, editing config files in
an orderly way, and restarting the demon. Always before, I just
made random changes on the web interface based on what I guessed
the labels on buttons meant. But the only cups system adminstrator's
manual that I can find is for v 1.1, the lenny maintainer-provided
config file uses commands that are not documented in that v 1.1
manual, and there doesn't seem to be a system administrators manual
for v 1.3. If there is, where is it to be found, or what is its
name, or a google search string that will get me to it.

TIA
--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net

Camaleón 11-20-2009 06:39 AM

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 14:48:08 -0700, Paul E Condon wrote:

> I am trying to configure my cups print server 'properly'. That is to
> say, by reading documentation, editing config files in an orderly way,
> and restarting the demon. Always before, I just made random changes on
> the web interface based on what I guessed the labels on buttons meant.
> But the only cups system adminstrator's manual that I can find is for v
> 1.1, the lenny maintainer-provided config file uses commands that are
> not documented in that v 1.1 manual, and there doesn't seem to be a
> system administrators manual for v 1.3. If there is, where is it to be
> found, or what is its name, or a google search string that will get me
> to it.

There should be a "Help" button within Cups web interface:

http://localhost:631/help/

Also, Cups 1.3 docs are available online:

http://www.cups.org/documentation.php?VERSION=1.3

Greetings,

--
Camaleón