Old 11-23-2009, 01:00 PM
Johann Spies

Default Calendar/ reminder wanted - recommendations

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 07:35:00AM -0500, S. Fishpaste wrote:

> > It is a pity that Evolution does not have the ability to sync using
> > caldav. I can do that on icedove using the server from the Chandler
> > project as backend.
>
> Your attribution is wrong. ;-D

What is wrong about it?

> Haven't used CALDAV in Evolution. If it doesn't sync what's it used for
> then? Sorry not being obtuse, a genuine question.

Please read the results of
http://www.google.com/search?q=evolution+caldav&ie=utf-8

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies Telefoon: 021-808 4599

"The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to
all that call upon him in truth."
Psalms 145:18

Old 11-24-2009, 02:13 AM
"S. Fishpaste"

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 16:00:39 +0200, Johann Spies in gmane.linux.debian.user wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 07:35:00AM -0500, S. Fishpaste wrote:
>
>> > It is a pity that Evolution does not have the ability to sync using
>> > caldav. I can do that on icedove using the server from the Chandler
>> > project as backend.
>>
>> Your attribution is wrong. ;-D
>
> What is wrong about it?
>
>> Haven't used CALDAV in Evolution. If it doesn't sync what's it used for
>> then? Sorry not being obtuse, a genuine question.
>
> Please read the results of
> http://www.google.com/search?q=evolution+caldav&ie=utf-8

I took a look at 2 of the top URIs on that search page. They both were old
bugs circa 2007.

And a 3rd link had a write-up on how to get it working with a CalDEV server.

Old 11-25-2009, 11:58 AM
Johann Spies

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 10:13:17PM -0500, S. Fishpaste wrote:

> >> Your attribution is wrong. ;-D

OK, I was wrong. Evolution can in theory use caldav. What really
bothers me is that I cannot use it with Chandlerhub.

Amongst the instructions on how to use Evolution with chandlerhub:

"Evolution supports subscribing to CalDAV calendars with its CalDAV plugin.

As of November 2007 there are known issues with Evolution
integration. As a result, subscribing to Chandler Server with
Evolution is unsupported. If you would like to help debug these
problems, you may use the below instructions to point Evolution at
Chandler Server.

Some issues seen during testing:

* When creating events, cosmo returns a weak ETag, which means the
ETag is prefixed with "W/". When updating the event, Evolution
includes the "W/" in the If-Match header, which is incorrect. The
server interprets the etag as different and returns a modified
response. The workaround is to reload the calendar, which should
result in the correct etag sent the next update.
* Evolution's handling of recurring events is really buggy. For
instance, if you add a modification to a recurring series,
Evolution just includes the modification in the PUT, which is
wrong. Also, Evolution doesn't seem to display event modifications
correctly. "

Quoted from http://chandlerproject.org/Projects/CosmoWithEvolution.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies Telefoon: 021-808 4599

"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace,
that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in
time of need." Hebrews 4:16