Old 11-18-2009, 04:26 PM
Wayne

Default Setting global printer options in Lenny/Gnome

Klistvud wrote:

Howdie, fellow Debianites!

Can't seem to find where one can set global settings for a (networked)
printer in Lenny. Is that even possible? I mean, do I have to set DRAFT
PRINTING as default for each and every user separately? What If I had,
say, 300, users? I'm sure this must be configurable, I just can't seem
to find where... I'm using CUPS, by the way.

TIA

I solve that by creating 4 variations of my networked HP6 laser printer.
one called 6P configured to 600 dpi, another as 6d at 150 dpi for draft,
etc.

Now users can select from 600-300-150 dpi or pdf.

HTH

Wayne