Old 11-18-2009, 01:16 PM
Marcelo Chiapparini

Default ZTE MF 622 modem in lenny

Hello,
I need to use the modem*ZTE MF 622 (usb modem) with lenny. Apparently, it is necessary to have installed the program usb-modeswitch. It is not present in Lenny, but it is present in testing. I checked the dependencies, and all the necessary libraries are present in lenny. Can I install usb-modeswitch from*testing in lenny?

Thanks for the help
Marcelo*

Old 11-18-2009, 05:15 PM
Jasper

Have you tried simply 'ejecting' the 'cdrom' ?

Also: once you are able to communicate with the -modem-, then it is
possible to tell the device to never appear as a 'cdrom' again. Link:

http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=5813

--Jasper.

Old 11-18-2009, 05:46 PM
"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr."

On Wednesday 18 November 2009 08:16:34 Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to use the modem ZTE MF 622 (usb modem) with lenny. Apparently, it
> is necessary to have installed the program usb-modeswitch. It is not
> present in Lenny, but it is present in testing. I checked the
> dependencies, and all the necessary libraries are present in lenny. Can I
> install usb-modeswitch from testing in lenny?

Should work. If you want to keep usb-modeswitch updated, you'll want to start
tracking testing and testing-security for that package. You can do that by
having both repositories in sources.list and using apt pinning (man 5
apt_preferences). An example for how I pull from
testing/unstable/experimental as needed is at
<http://www.iguanasuicide.net/node/4>.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@iguanasuicide.net ((_/)o o(\_))