Old 11-18-2009, 11:55 AM
hadi motamedi

Default Inquiry:What is the equivalent of "ping -f -l" on the Debian server?

Thank you very much for your reply . Please be informed that it seems to me that the "-f" means flood ping and so the same option on the Debian server . (I mean "#ping -f -s 20 www.google.com)

Thank you in advance

*
On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> wrote:

> To find the optimum MTU size , on the MS Windows client , we need to try for
> "Cing www.google.com -f -l 1472" and then do for trial and error to find

> the optimum size . Can you please do me favor and let me know what is the
> equivalent of "ping -f -l" on the*Debian server ?

-l = -s

No idea what -f means and do not have a Win box around to check.

Try man ping!

Old 11-18-2009, 12:12 PM
Mariusz Sielicki

2009/11/18 hadi motamedi <motamedi24@gmail.com>:
> Thank you very much for your reply . Please be informed that it seems to me
> that the "-f" means flood ping and so the same option on the Debian server .
> (I mean "#ping -f -s 20 www.google.com)
> Thank you in advance

On Win Box:
-f = Set Don't Fragment flag in packet.