Old 11-18-2009, 11:25 AM
hadi motamedi

Default Inquiry:What is the equivalent of "ping -f -l" on the Debian server?

Dear All
To find the optimum MTU size , on the MS Windows client , we need to try for "Cing www.google.com -f -l 1472" and then do for trial and error to find the optimum size . Can you please do me favor and let me know what is the equivalent of "ping -f -l" on the*Debian server ?

Let me thank you in advance
*

Old 11-18-2009, 02:44 PM
Chris Burkhardt

Mariusz Sielicki wrote:
> 2009/11/18 hadi motamedi <motamedi24@gmail.com>:
>> Thank you very much for your reply . Please be informed that it seems to me
>> that the "-f" means flood ping and so the same option on the Debian server .
>> (I mean "#ping -f -s 20 www.google.com)
>> Thank you in advance
>
> On Win Box:
> -f = Set Don't Fragment flag in packet.

So with BSD/Linux ping, the equivalent seems to be: ping -M do

- Chris