Old 11-17-2009, 06:35 AM
Allen

Default Seamonkey, Enlightenment

Hi,

I'm running Debian 5.01, and I did a Netinstall. I'm wondering if there are
any Debian packages for Seamonkey. I don't like Firefox, and I do like
Seamonkey.

Also, are there any other Debian Repos that may have more software? I don't
care if it's free / open / or closed personally, and I've been reading for
places to find more, and I found a few here and there, but not to many. Is
there a place that has more Debian software than what the Debian servers
have?

--
http://www.myspace.com/farmacyofhorror
Digital Horror Punk - Music I make! All done with LMMS

Old 11-17-2009, 11:06 AM
Johan Grönqvist

Allen skrev:
I'm running Debian 5.01, and I did a Netinstall. I'm wondering if there are
any Debian packages for Seamonkey. I don't like Firefox, and I do like
Seamonkey.

In case you do not know, the corresponding package is called iceape in
debian, and was excluded from the release due to lack of maintainers. I
believe that will change now that seamonkey/iceape version 2 seems to
have become available.

Often, when questions such as yours are asked, some people say that the
binary downloads from mozilla work fine, but I have not tested that. I
am not aware of seamonkey/iceape packages for lenny (debian 5.x).

Also, are there any other Debian Repos that may have more software? I don't
care if it's free / open / or closed personally, and I've been reading for
places to find more, and I found a few here and there, but not to many. Is
there a place that has more Debian software than what the Debian servers
have?

Except for the official repositories, I usually only use
debian-multimedia.org and a repository from skype (I can not find the
address now), but apt-get.org contains listings of many other
repositories (click "view full list of sites" and search for e.g., skype).

Regards

Johan

Old 11-17-2009, 05:30 PM
Alex Samad

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 01:06:51PM +0100, Johan Gr?nqvist wrote:
> Allen skrev:
> >I'm running Debian 5.01, and I did a Netinstall. I'm wondering if
> >there are any Debian packages for Seamonkey. I don't like Firefox,
> >and I do like Seamonkey.
>
> In case you do not know, the corresponding package is called iceape
> in debian, and was excluded from the release due to lack of
> maintainers. I believe that will change now that seamonkey/iceape
> version 2 seems to have become available.

that would be good

> Often, when questions such as yours are asked, some people say that
> the binary downloads from mozilla work fine, but I have not tested
> that. I am not aware of seamonkey/iceape packages for lenny (debian
> 5.x).

I have previously download 1.18 from the seamonkey-projects site, but it
wasn't a deb - plus it was the amd64 community build as well, can't find
one for v2

> >Also, are there any other Debian Repos that may have more
> >software? I don't care if it's free / open / or closed personally,
> >and I've been reading for places to find more, and I found a few
> >here and there, but not to many. Is there a place that has more
> >Debian software than what the Debian servers have?
>

> Except for the official repositories, I usually only use
> debian-multimedia.org and a repository from skype (I can not find
> the address now), but apt-get.org contains listings of many other
> repositories (click "view full list of sites" and search for e.g.,
> skype).

have to concur, I use the standard deb repo + multimedia + virtualbox
repo

--
"As Luce reminded me, he said, without data, without facts, without information, the discussions about public education mean that a person is just another opinion."

- George W. Bush
09/09/2003
Jacksonville, FL

Old 11-17-2009, 06:23 PM
Kelly Clowers

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 10:30, Alex Samad <alex@samad.com.au> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 01:06:51PM +0100, Johan Gr?nqvist wrote:
>> Allen skrev:
>> >I'm running Debian 5.01, and I did a Netinstall. I'm wondering if
>> >there are any Debian packages for Seamonkey. I don't like Firefox,
>> >and I do like Seamonkey.
>>
>> In case you do not know, the corresponding package is called iceape
>> in debian, and was excluded from the release due to lack of
>> maintainers. I believe that will change now that seamonkey/iceape
>> version 2 seems to have become available.
>
> that would be good
>

>> Often, when questions such as yours are asked, some people say that
>> the binary downloads from mozilla work fine, but I have not tested
>> that. I am not aware of seamonkey/iceape packages for lenny (debian
>> 5.x).
>
> I have previously download 1.18 from the seamonkey-projects site, but it
> wasn't a deb - plus it was the amd64 community build as well, can't find
> one for v2

They don't make releases for x86-64, but they do make nightlies:
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/nightly/2009-11-17-02-comm-1.9.1/seamonkey-2.0.1pre.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.bz2

They work great for me.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers

Old 11-17-2009, 06:48 PM
Alex Samad

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 11:23:38AM -0800, Kelly Clowers wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 10:30, Alex Samad <alex@samad.com.au> wrote:
[snip]
> one for v2
>
> They don't make releases for x86-64, but they do make nightlies:
> http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/nightly/2009-11-17-02-comm-1.9.1/seamonkey-2.0.1pre.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.bz2

thanks

--
They drove back through the dawn, while the cassette player played J. S.
Bach's Mass in B Minor, vocals by F. Mercury.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:21 AM
Allen

On Tuesday 17 November 2009 07:06:51 am Johan Grönqvist wrote:
> Allen skrev:
> > I'm running Debian 5.01, and I did a Netinstall. I'm wondering if there
> > are any Debian packages for Seamonkey. I don't like Firefox, and I do
> > like Seamonkey.
>
> In case you do not know, the corresponding package is called iceape in
> debian, and was excluded from the release due to lack of maintainers. I
> believe that will change now that seamonkey/iceape version 2 seems to
> have become available.

I haven't seen Iceape. Hmm... Gonna have to look at that.

> Often, when questions such as yours are asked, some people say that the
> binary downloads from mozilla work fine, but I have not tested that. I
> am not aware of seamonkey/iceape packages for lenny (debian 5.x).
>
> > Also, are there any other Debian Repos that may have more software? I
> > don't care if it's free / open / or closed personally, and I've been
> > reading for places to find more, and I found a few here and there, but
> > not to many. Is there a place that has more Debian software than what the
> > Debian servers have?
>
> Except for the official repositories, I usually only use
> debian-multimedia.org and a repository from skype (I can not find the
> address now), but apt-get.org contains listings of many other
> repositories (click "view full list of sites" and search for e.g., skype).

Thanks, I'll check that place out! I searched google but I don't think I ever
saw that one pop up in the results!

> Regards
>
> Johan

-Allen