Old 11-20-2009, 02:21 PM
Avi Greenbury

Default results: debian-user's favourite FLOSS (2009)

S. Fishpaste wrote:
> Me neither. I didn't participate because there wasn't a web based
> app. It's not like there isn't any FOSS web based poll software
> available ...

Out of interest, why? This seems to me like odd grounds on which to not
participate.

--
Avi Greenbury
http://aviswebsite.co.uk

Old 11-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Dotan Cohen

> Hi, are there possibilies to do this survey using a internet-based
> user interface. I think, this might give more up-to-date information.

Next year's survey will almost certainly be web-based. I am
collaborating with Tshepang on this. In the meantime, to keep one's
answers off the archived web, he can email them to me. Or, to secure
his email address (which I promise would remain safe to the best of my
ability) he can use this form to copy and send the survey:
http://dotancohen.com/eng/message.php

The Email field of that form is NOT required. Users are invited to
submit via that form and the Tor proxy to ensure complete anonymity.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

Old 11-20-2009, 06:06 PM
"S. Fishpaste"

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 15:21:00 +0000, Avi Greenbury in gmane.linux.debian.user wrote:
> S. Fishpaste wrote:
>> Me neither. I didn't participate because there wasn't a web based
>> app. It's not like there isn't any FOSS web based poll software
>> available ...
>
> Out of interest, why? This seems to me like odd grounds on which to not
> participate.

I don't post/read this list with e-mail software.

Old 11-20-2009, 06:44 PM
Dotan Cohen

>> I, for one, probably wouldn't have participated if I had to open a web
>> browser. *I certainly wouldn't have participated if I had to register.
>
> It would be useful if you can choose both methods (mail and doodle
> like system)

They will both be supported, and no, there will be no need to
register! If there are other preferred interfaces, let me know and I
will consider it.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

Old 11-20-2009, 06:46 PM
Dotan Cohen

>>> Me neither. I didn't participate because there wasn't a web based
>>> app. It's not like there isn't any FOSS web based poll software
>>> available ...
>>
>> Out of interest, why? This seems to me like odd grounds on which to not
>> participate.
>
> I don't post/read this list with e-mail software.

You are invited to copy and paste the answers to this form:
http://dotancohen.com/eng/message.php

I am writing the web interface, but it is not done yet.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

Old 12-13-2009, 06:14 AM
Tshepang Lekhonkhobe

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 11:56, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <tshepang@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I noticed that as well. Kinda sad. Any thoughts as to why?
>>>
>>> my .02 is that the list doesn't seem to have quite the breadth of
>>> traffic it has had before. But that's a cursory observation at best.
>>>

>> My guess would be the popularity of Ubuntu. Much of the pie went
>> there. As Ubuntu is Debian-derived, how about doing the poll there as
>> well?
>
> I actually once did, but am sure I'll be swamped if I try now - Ubuntu
> is massive! It would be nice though to compare the response
> (favourites) from both camps. I'll limit myself to Debian for now;
> maybe next year :-(

Dotan ran the poll at ubuntu-user and I was surprised that the
response didn't seem any better (unless Dotan has received a number of
private replies, which I did). If so, I suppose then that hoards of
*buntu users prefer the forums.

--
my place on the web:
floss-and-misc.blogspot.com