Old 11-16-2009, 06:59 AM
Umarzuki Mochlis

Default How to get infomations about server crash/freeze

2009/11/16 Zhu Zhixin <zhuzhixin@realss.com>

Dear all,

* *Our company has an linux server running debian lenny system.

* *Last Saturday, i found the websites on the server is not accessable

and ssh cannot connected either. But ping responed.

* *I don't know howto deal with such a problem, except call IDS and

request a reboot.

* *Well, it's not a good way to 'solve' the problem:-) I guess maybe

there are some logs about the failure or some tools to do record the

failure.

* Please give me your advices.

try Nagios to monitor that service. You can setup it to sent email and sms when the monitored service is suddenly stop
*

Best regards,

Zhu Zhixin