How to get infomations about server crash/freeze
2009/11/16 Zhu Zhixin <email@example.com>
* *Our company has an linux server running debian lenny system.
* *Last Saturday, i found the websites on the server is not accessable
and ssh cannot connected either. But ping responed.
* *I don't know howto deal with such a problem, except call IDS and
request a reboot.
* *Well, it's not a good way to 'solve' the problem:-) I guess maybe
there are some logs about the failure or some tools to do record the
* Please give me your advices.
try Nagios to monitor that service. You can setup it to sent email and sms when the monitored service is suddenly stop
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org