Old 11-16-2009, 06:28 AM
Zhu Zhixin

Default How to get infomations about server crash/freeze

Dear all,

Our company has an linux server running debian lenny system.

Last Saturday, i found the websites on the server is not accessable
and ssh cannot connected either. But ping responed.

I don't know howto deal with such a problem, except call IDS and
request a reboot.

Well, it's not a good way to 'solve' the problem:-) I guess maybe
there are some logs about the failure or some tools to do record the
failure.

Please give me your advices.

Best regards,
Zhu Zhixin