-   -   How to get infomations about server crash/freeze (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/281064-how-get-infomations-about-server-crash-freeze.html)

Zhu Zhixin 11-16-2009 06:28 AM

How to get infomations about server crash/freeze

Dear all,

Our company has an linux server running debian lenny system.

Last Saturday, i found the websites on the server is not accessable
and ssh cannot connected either. But ping responed.

I don't know howto deal with such a problem, except call IDS and
request a reboot.

Well, it's not a good way to 'solve' the problem:-) I guess maybe
there are some logs about the failure or some tools to do record the
failure.

Please give me your advices.

Best regards,
Zhu Zhixin