Old 11-15-2009, 08:01 PM
roberto

Default many errors on hp installation

hello,

i try to install the HP LaserJet 2600n printer and using hp-setup i
receive the following messages:
error: No devices found. Please make sure your printer is properly
connected and powered-on.
error: PPD not file found. An appropriate PPD file could not be
found. Please check your HPLIP install, use <i>Select Other...</i>, or
download one from linuxprinting.org.
error: Printer queue setup failed. Please restart CUPS and try again.
error: Unsupported model: HP_Color_LaserJet_2600n
error: Printer Error. Printer is busy, offline, or in an error state.
Please check the device and try again.

i let the setup utility to find manually the printer and it actually
did, then i manually provided the ppd file and finally i get that
error message:
error: Printer queue setup failed. Please restart CUPS and try again.

also, i do not understand why it outputs:
error: Unsupported model: HP_Color_LaserJet_2600n

while the ppd file i provided is correct
i also read the bug report but it appears my problem is slightly different

any comments very welcome
thank you !
--
roberto

Old 11-16-2009, 11:05 AM
Camaleón

El Sun, 15 Nov 2009 22:01:26 +0100, roberto escribió:

(...)

> i let the setup utility to find manually the printer and it actually
> did, then i manually provided the ppd file and finally i get that error
> message:
> error: Printer queue setup failed. Please restart CUPS and try again.
>
> also, i do not understand why it outputs: error: Unsupported model:
> HP_Color_LaserJet_2600n
>
> while the ppd file i provided is correct i also read the bug report but
> it appears my problem is slightly different

Try to use the Cups web interface (http://localhost:631) to add the
printer. I find Cups the most reliable way for adding plain (non multi-
function) printers.

BTW, Linuxprinting recommends "foo2hp" driver for this model, so you
could try with that.

http://www.openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-
Color_LaserJet_2600n

Greetings,