Old 11-15-2009, 12:23 PM
surreal

Default How to create a SSI cluster using Debian?

Has anyone tried to create a cluster using Kerrighed patched Debian kernel ?? I need a kerrighed patched kernel image (along with source, and deb package)

I would like to get some help on that. Seems that Debian has got very less support for HPC (except from some wiki pages and packages list)

I read some pages on web but they are ubuntu centric with no reference to Debian.

I wonder ...... Is Ubuntu in real a 'debian unstable' distro or is it a completely another distro making its own changes to packages and using debian name as marketing gimmick?

Is there something common between debian (stable) and ubuntu (whatever the latest version might be) besides having the same package manager (synaptic) ??

I hope this dosent create flame wars. Its a question that needs official (but short) answer in an official way.

--
Harshad Joshi