Old 11-15-2009, 04:47 AM
T o n g

Default acpitool vs acpi-support

Hi,

The acpitool and acpi-support look very similar to me:

acpitool:

acpi-support:

The primary target audience are laptop users, since these people are most
interested in things like battery status, thermal status and the ability
to suspend (sleep mode). The program simply accesses the /proc/acpi or /
sysfs entries to get or set ACPI values. It also supports various
extensions for Toshiba, Asus, and IBM Thinkpad laptops.

It is able to:
* Detect loss and gain of AC power, lid closure, and the press of a
number of specific buttons (on Asus, IBM, Lenovo, Panasonic, Sony
and Toshiba laptops).
* Suspend, hibernate and resume the computer, with workarounds for
hardware that needs it.
* On some laptops, set screen brightness.

The overlapping functionality makes me don't know which one to choose.

Anyone can help?

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)