-   -   unable to configure ati fglrx driver (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/280291-unable-configure-ati-fglrx-driver.html)

Umarzuki Mochlis 11-14-2009 06:52 AM

unable to configure ati fglrx driver

I had been doing (installing & reinstalling) this more than 5 times, before I reinstall my whole Debian Lenny, I would like to know if anyone ever get pass this problem

# aticonfig --initial
Unable to open /etc/ati/control, please reinstall the driver.

Uninitialised file found, configuring.
Segmentation fault

Umarzuki Mochlis
http://gameornot.net

Johan Grönqvist 11-14-2009 09:45 AM

Umarzuki Mochlis skrev:
I had been doing (installing & reinstalling) this more than 5 times,
before I reinstall my whole Debian Lenny, I would like to know if anyone
ever get pass this problem

# aticonfig --initial
Unable to open /etc/ati/control, please reinstall the driver.
Uninitialised file found, configuring.
Segmentation fault

I have used that method successfully.
I do not remember ever getting a segmentation-fault from aticonfig.
I now run squeeze, but I believe it worked for me with lenny as well.
I no longer use the fglrx driver, so I have not tested anything now.

(My card is ATI Technologies Inc Radeon HD 2400 XT according to lspci)

/ johan