Old 11-14-2009, 06:50 AM
hadi motamedi

Default Inquiry:How to disable my Debian server firewall ?

Dear All
Can you please do me favor and let me know how can I disable my Debian server firewall ? As I know , on the Linux server , I can make use of the "#setup" command to disable my Linux firewall but my Debian server does not have "setup" command . Please let me know how can disable my Debian server firewall ?

Let me thank you in advance
*

Old 11-14-2009, 11:39 PM
"Todd A. Jacobs"

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 07:50:29AM +0000, hadi motamedi wrote:

> Dear All Can you please do me favor and let me know how can I disable
> my Debian server firewall ? As I know , on the Linux server , I can

There is no firewall by default, so you must have installed something.
Grep through /etc/init.d to see what is running iptables or some other
firewall front-end.

If all else fails, you can temporarily flush all your iptables rules
with "iptables -F" to remove all chains, but if you have a dyanmic
firewall they may be reinstantiated at some point.

Good luck!

--
"Oh, look: rocks!"
-- Doctor Who, "Destiny of the Daleks"