Old 11-13-2009, 08:57 PM

Default Re (2): Redundant scrips in /etc/init.d?

greenfreedom10@gmail.com, Fri, 13 Nov 2009 14:03:59 -0600,
> $ dpkg -S /etc/init.d/procps
> and learned that the applicable package is procps.

Helpful capability of dpkg to remember; thanks.

> You must be running Squeeze.

Yes. I should have stated that.

> What is the output of ...

pc:/home/p# dpkg -S /etc/init.d/procps.sh
dpkg: /etc/init.d/procps.sh not found.

> If it does not belong to a package, I would rename it to procps.sh.bak and then
> if nothing breaks (including through a reboot) remove it.

Will do. Thanks, ... Peter E.

--
Google "pathology workshop"