Old 11-13-2009, 11:04 AM
Jason Filippou

Default Ctrl Alt F11 gives me trouble

Hello,

I run Testing with KDE and accidentally hit ctrl alt f11 instead of
some kde effects combination. As a result of this, I was given a
prompt I couldn't propery interact with, and then I hit cltr alt
delete to restart my system. When I logged into my Debian partition, I
realized that the system fonts had all been altered and made quite
uglier and less readable and my system sounds aren't playing by
default: I receive a notification from Phonon that my audio device
isn't playing correctly and that it's falling back to pulseaudio. This
is interesting, because I don't have pulseaudio in my system; I have
removed it.

When I rebooted, I was told that I needed to login to a root shell for
maintenance and perforn an fsck. So I did, but the problem persists

What do I do to regain my Debian partition's full functionality?

Thanks in advance.