Old 11-11-2009, 05:34 PM
"Todd A. Jacobs"

Default what exactly is resident set size in /etc/security/limit.conf and ulimit -m?

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 12:14:43PM +0800, Zhang Weiwu wrote:

> Having read the manual and examples on the Internet, still confused.

As far as I understand it, ulimit is per process. RSS only addresses how
much of the process is resident in RAM, and some googling suggests that
it may not actually be enforced in current kernels. I'd recommend -v to
set the total memory size, including RAM, swap, and so on.

--
"Oh, look: rocks!"
-- Doctor Who, "Destiny of the Daleks"