Old 01-03-2008, 03:53 PM
"Margiolas Christos"

Default Java swing gui designer???

Hello any advise for a good java swing designer?
Either independent app either eclipse plugin......
Margiolas Christos

Old 01-03-2008, 04:21 PM
David Baron

> Hello any advise for a good java swing designer?
> Either independent app either eclipse plugin......
> Margiolas Christos

I have used Netbeans. Get it from netbeans.org.

This is a first rate, complete IDE. Going the way of Eclipse, now has C++ and
Ruby modules as well.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:32 PM
Hal Vaughan

On Thursday 03 January 2008, Margiolas Christos wrote:
> Hello any advise for a good java swing designer?
> Either independent app either eclipse plugin......
> Margiolas Christos

Eclipse has a Visual Editor. It's a plug in that should be easily
downloaded through the Software Updates item on the Help menu. It's
not perfect, but it tends to save me a LOT of time. I can build a GUI
layout in under an hour with it, as opposed to any GUI layout taking at
least the better part of a day.

Hal

Old 01-03-2008, 04:41 PM
David Paleino

Il giorno Thu, 03 Jan 2008 19:21:27 +0200
David Baron <d_baron@012.net.il> ha scritto:

> > Hello any advise for a good java swing designer?
> > Either independent app either eclipse plugin......
> > Margiolas Christos
>
> I have used Netbeans. Get it from netbeans.org.

It is already available as a Debian package:

$ apt-cache policy netbeans-ide
netbeans-ide:
Installato: 6.0+dfsg-1
Candidato: 6.0+dfsg-1
Tabella versione:
*** 6.0+dfsg-1 0
500 http://debian.fastweb.it unstable/contrib Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
$

Kindly,
David

--
. '`. Debian maintainer | http://snipurl.com/qa_page
: :' : Linuxer #334216 | http://www.hanskalabs.net/

Old 01-03-2008, 06:00 PM
"Nuno Magalh„es"

I've been using Netbeans and it works well both in Debian unstable and
XP Pro, on an amd64 machine. Just make sure your JDKs are the same...

--
Fica bem, porta-te mal.
Be well, misbehave.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:32 PM
Mark Fletcher

Hal Vaughan <hal <at> thresholddigital.com> writes:

> On Thursday 03 January 2008, Margiolas Christos wrote:
> > Hello any advise for a good java swing designer?
> > Either independent app either eclipse plugin......
> > Margiolas Christos
>
> Eclipse has a Visual Editor.

Netbeans also has one, again downloadable as an update. Neither Netbeans' nor
Eclipse's editor are exactly Visual Basic but like the previous poster said,
they are both better than the tool-less alternatives.

Mark