Old 11-10-2009, 11:02 PM
Celejar

Default which package can help me bypass Internet censorship

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 18:37:08 -0500
Long Wind <longwind2009@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am in China
> The government block many sites
> I used to use tor to bypass censorship
> but it no longer works
> Are there other packages?

anon-proxy

Celejar

Old 11-10-2009, 11:38 PM
Long Wind

On 11/10/09, Celejar <celejar@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 18:37:08 -0500
> Long Wind <longwind2009@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I am in China
> > The government block many sites
> > I used to use tor to bypass censorship
> > but it no longer works
> > Are there other packages?
>

> anon-proxy
>
> Celejar
> --

Do you mean http://proxify.com/?
It requires payment before using it.
I hope it's free.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:53 PM
Celejar

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 19:38:35 -0500
Long Wind <longwind2009@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/10/09, Celejar <celejar@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 18:37:08 -0500
> > Long Wind <longwind2009@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I am in China
> > > The government block many sites
> > > I used to use tor to bypass censorship
> > > but it no longer works
> > > Are there other packages?
> >

> > anon-proxy
> >
> > Celejar
> > --
>

> Do you mean http://proxify.com/?

No, I mean the 'anon-proxy' package - 'apt-cache show anon-proxy'

Celejar

Old 11-11-2009, 12:47 AM
Jari Fredriksson

On 11.11.2009 1:37, Long Wind wrote:
> I am in China
> The government block many sites
> I used to use tor to bypass censorship
> but it no longer works
> Are there other packages?

I have never used tor, but it seems similar to JAP.

JAP is not available as a Debian pakjage, but downloadable from
http://anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/index_en.html (if you gov allows, that is...)

--
http://www.iki.fi/jarif/

Many enraged psychiatrists are inciting a weary butcher. The butcher is
weary and tired because he has cut meat and steak and lamb for hours and
weeks. He does not desire to chant about anything with raving
psychiatrists,
but he sings about his gingivectomist, he dreams about a single cosmologist,
he thinks about his dog. The dog is named Herbert.
-- Racter, "The Policeman's Beard is Half-Constructed"

Old 11-11-2009, 01:43 AM
Celejar

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 03:47:55 +0200
Jari Fredriksson <jarif@iki.fi> wrote:

> I have never used tor, but it seems similar to JAP.
>
> JAP is not available as a Debian pakjage, but downloadable from
> http://anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/index_en.html (if you gov allows, that is...)

Yes, it is available as a Debian package. The anon-proxy package that
I keep mentioning in this thread contains the JAP client.

Celejar

Old 11-12-2009, 08:15 PM
Paul Johnson

Long Wind wrote:

> I am in China
> The government block many sites
> I used to use tor to bypass censorship
> but it no longer works
> Are there other packages?

Migrating to Canada is a popular option. So is taking a stand: Remember
Tienamen Square.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:18 AM
Andrei Popescu

On Thu,12.Nov.09, 13:15:21, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Long Wind wrote:
>
> > I am in China
> > The government block many sites
> > I used to use tor to bypass censorship
> > but it no longer works
> > Are there other packages?
>
> Migrating to Canada is a popular option. So is taking a stand: Remember
> Tienamen Square.

"Walk a mile another man's moccasins before you criticize him"
-- Native American saying.

Regards,
Andrei

Old 11-13-2009, 08:20 AM
Sjoerd Hardeman

Paul Johnson schreef:

Long Wind wrote:

I am in China
The government block many sites
I used to use tor to bypass censorship
but it no longer works
Are there other packages?

Migrating to Canada is a popular option.

I'm afraid if the whole of China would do that, it will not fit.

So is taking a stand: Remember Tienamen Square.

I think he does, that's why he's asking this question.

Old 11-15-2009, 12:34 AM
Long Wind

The Chinese government even block facebook

www.facebook.com

www.cnd.org is in Chinese