Old 11-10-2009, 07:53 PM
"Todd A. Jacobs"

Default Local vs. relayed mail

I'm currrently using Postfix on a pair of machines, one of which is a
smarthost for the other. If I do something like this on the internal
machines:

mail -s Test nospam < /dev/null

Then the mail is delivered locally, rather than through the smarthost.
If I manually append the domain, though:

mail -s Test nospam@example.com < /dev/null

then everything works just fine. Is it possible to force smarthost
delivery for usernames that exist on both machines?

--
"Oh, look: rocks!"
-- Doctor Who, "Destiny of the Daleks"

Old 11-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Mike Bird

On Tue November 10 2009 12:53:06 Todd A. Jacobs wrote:
> I'm currrently using Postfix on a pair of machines, one of which is a
> smarthost for the other. If I do something like this on the internal
> machines:
>
> mail -s Test nospam < /dev/null
>
> Then the mail is delivered locally, rather than through the smarthost.
> If I manually append the domain, though:
>
> mail -s Test nospam@example.com < /dev/null
>
> then everything works just fine. Is it possible to force smarthost
> delivery for usernames that exist on both machines?

What do you have in your main.cf? This works for me:

myorigin = yosemite.net
inet_interfaces = loopback-only
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8
relayhost = mx1.yosemite.net