Old 11-10-2009, 03:38 PM
Jesus arteche

Default does ntfs support acl?

hi,

I'm trying to build* a fileserver where I need to give permisses to directories and subdirectories...I couldn't get it by samba (cause I need to share with windows clients), the solution that I found it's enable acl filesystem, it works right in my debian in ext3 partitions but i can enable in the ntfs partition it says "operation not supported".

Anyone knows how to enable if its possible or if i can give permises to the subdirectories by samba?

thanks

Old 11-10-2009, 07:31 PM
"Todd A. Jacobs"

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 05:38:38PM +0100, Jesus arteche wrote:

> I'm trying to build a fileserver where I need to give permisses to
> directories and subdirectories...I couldn't get it by samba (cause I need to

See this howto:

http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/how-do-i-set-permissions-to-samba-shares.html

--
"Oh, look: rocks!"