Old 11-10-2009, 06:13 AM
hadi motamedi

Default Inquiry:How to add a command to Debian server ?

Dear All
Can you please do me favor and let me know how can I add a command to my Debian server ? Please be informed that I found on the web that if I can find the new command rpm package , then I can try to add it as the followings :

#rpm -i ./package.i386.rpm
It seems that the link at www.pbone.net contains the rpm packages for most distro , except for the Debian . Can you please let me have the link to try for*adding a command (like dmidecode) to my Debian server ?

Let me thank you in advance
*

Old 11-10-2009, 06:30 AM
Juha Tuuna

hadi motamedi wrote:
> please let me have the link to try for adding a command (like dmidecode)
> to my Debian server ?
> Let me thank you in advance

sudo aptitude install dmidecode
If aptitude is not installed, try apt-get instead.
For future needs, try apt-cache search your-favourite-program-here

--
Juha Tuuna