-   -   (OT) Plaxo Address Book Service for Sale (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/27779-ot-plaxo-address-book-service-sale.html)

David Baron 01-03-2008 02:35 PM

(OT) Plaxo Address Book Service for Sale

I just saw a headline that Plaxo is for sale.

They provide on-line addressbook services, ecards, blogs, etc., with Outlook
and Outlook-express toolbars. When I still used OE and windows, that toolbar
somehow crippled by internet so I took it off. I do have addresses stored on
Plaxo and one can get them in and out of kmail and others via the Netscape
(RIP) addressbook format. I have been bugging Plaxo for ages to make their
service LDAP so everyone could use it in a open standard way.

Well, now's the chance for that right, rich entrepreneur to do it! Any takers?