-   -   LDAP discrepancy (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/277740-ldap-discrepancy.html)

"Gary L. Roach" 11-09-2009 10:50 PM

LDAP discrepancy

Hi everyone

I've been working with Carla Schroder's Linux Network Cookbook, trying
to clean up my 4 computer internal network. I ran "smbd -b | grep -i
ldap" (without quotes) . One of the outputs was:

HAVE_LDAP_ADD_RESULT_ENTRY

Schroder says this should be:

HAVE_LDAP_DOMAIN2HOSTLIST

Everything else is the same.

Schroder seems to be using Samba version 3.023 while I'm using 3.2.5.

Is this a significant difference?

Was there a software change?

I'm tire of dealing with a quirky network and want to get this one
right. I have 2 win2k systems - one a printer server - , 1 Linux Lenny
system and one XP system.

Thanks in advance

Gary Roach