Old 11-09-2009, 09:03 PM
"Willie"

Default CD ISO images for the "testing" release

Where can I get them? I don't mind what file transfer method I use.

Why is the entire directory structure:

ftp://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/i386/

empty?

I'm not certain because I can't actually find any files on any of the
mirrors, but I think the kind of thing I'm looking for is:

debian-testing-i386-binary-1.jigdo
debian-testing-i386-binary-1.torrent
debian-testing-i386-cd-1.iso

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:13 PM
Jochen Schulz

Willie:

> Where can I get them? I don't mind what file transfer method I use.
>
> Why is the entire directory structure:
>
> ftp://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/i386/
>
> empty?

I have no idea, but why don't you go to the d-i page at

and follow the links there?

J.
--
People talking a foreign language are romantic and mysterious.
[Agree] [Disagree]

Old 11-09-2009, 09:15 PM

On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 14:03:25 -0800
"Willie" <tumbleweed@fastmail.net> wrote:

> Where can I get them? I don't mind what file transfer method I use.
>
> Why is the entire directory structure:
>
> ftp://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/i386/
>
> empty?
>

> I'm not certain because I can't actually find any files on any of the
> mirrors, but I think the kind of thing I'm looking for is:
>
> debian-testing-i386-binary-1.jigdo
> debian-testing-i386-binary-1.torrent
> debian-testing-i386-cd-1.iso
>

> Thanks in advance.

If you're looking for the netinst image, the links on
<http://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/>
seem to work.

jeff

Old 11-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Nuno Magalh„es

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 22:15, <debian@waysoft.com> wrote:
[...]
> If you're looking for the netinst image, the links on
> <http://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/>
> seem to work.

That's for stable, the OP asked for testing.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Jeff Goodman

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 22:44:09 +0000
Nuno Magalh„es <nunomagalhaes@eu.ipp.pt> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 22:15, <debian@waysoft.com> wrote:
> [...]
> > If you're looking for the netinst image, the links on
> > <http://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/>
> > seem to work.
>
> That's for stable, the OP asked for testing.

Oops...
You should listen to what I MEAN to say, not what I ACTUALLY say

<http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/>

Old 11-09-2009, 10:48 PM
"Willie"

On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 14:15 -0800, debian@waysoft.com wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 14:03:25 -0800
> "Willie" <tumbleweed@fastmail.net> wrote:
>

> > Where can I get them? I don't mind what file transfer method I use.
> >
> > Why is the entire directory structure:
> >
> > ftp://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/i386/
> >
> > empty?
> >

> > I'm not certain because I can't actually find any files on any of the
> > mirrors, but I think the kind of thing I'm looking for is:
> >
> > debian-testing-i386-binary-1.jigdo
> > debian-testing-i386-binary-1.torrent
> > debian-testing-i386-cd-1.iso
> >

> > Thanks in advance.
>
> If you're looking for the netinst image, the links on
> <http://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/>
> seem to work.
>
> jeff

No, the full CD images quoted in the three file links, and as suggested
by the empty directory structure link shown. The netinst and
businesscard images are widely available.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:13 PM
"Willie"

On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 15:06 -0800, "Jeff Goodman" <jeff@waysoft.com>
wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 22:44:09 +0000
> Nuno Magalh„es <nunomagalhaes@eu.ipp.pt> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 22:15, <debian@waysoft.com> wrote:
> > [...]
> > > If you're looking for the netinst image, the links on
> > > <http://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/>
> > > seem to work.
> >
> > That's for stable, the OP asked for testing.
>
> Oops...
> You should listen to what I MEAN to say, not what I ACTUALLY say
>
> <http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

I certainly appreciate the link Jeff (and also to Jochen) but the images
there are only for installing across a network. I was wanting some of
the full CD images.

Maybe debian have given up on serving the full ISOs? There's nothing
published to suggest so, but all pointers to the images are dead ends. I
fully take on board the sage advice about stupid people using
non-resumable download methods, but even the jigdo links:

http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/

are all empty. At least the i386 and sparc ones are, which are what I'm
interested in.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:40 PM
John Jason Jordan

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 15:06:48 -0800
Jeff Goodman <jeff@waysoft.com> dijo:

> > That's for stable, the OP asked for testing.
>
> Oops...
> You should listen to what I MEAN to say, not what I ACTUALLY say
>
> <http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/>

Where does it say on that page that the links are for testing (squeeze)?

I am looking for the CD image for an internet installation of 64-bit
testing. Debian's download pages are terribly confusing.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:03 AM

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 16:40:11 -0800
John Jason Jordan <johnxj@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 15:06:48 -0800
> Jeff Goodman <jeff@waysoft.com> dijo:
>
> > > That's for stable, the OP asked for testing.
> >
> > Oops...
> > You should listen to what I MEAN to say, not what I ACTUALLY say
> >
> > <http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/>
>
> Where does it say on that page that the links are for testing
> (squeeze)?
>
> I am looking for the CD image for an internet installation of 64-bit
> testing. Debian's download pages are terribly confusing.

Actually, it looks like the 64-bit isos (at least amd64 - for AMD and
Intel Core 2, etc.) ARE in place
<http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/amd64/iso-cd/>

For other archs, I found this on debian-cd mailing list...
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-cd/2009/11/msg00011.html>

(To answer your question about where it mentions that the links are
for testing, "daily" and "weekly" builds imply testing.)

BTW, if you can, you might try going with the netinst (net install).
It can save lots of download time/bandwidth). Is that what you mean by
"internet installation"?

jeff

(Yup, Debian's pages can be confusing... I've been stuck in a number of
seemingly endless loops myself

Old 11-10-2009, 12:03 AM
John Jason Jordan

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 16:40:11 -0800
John Jason Jordan <johnxj@comcast.net> dijo:

> On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 15:06:48 -0800
> Jeff Goodman <jeff@waysoft.com> dijo:
>
> > > That's for stable, the OP asked for testing.
> >
> > Oops...
> > You should listen to what I MEAN to say, not what I ACTUALLY say
> >
> > <http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/>
>
> Where does it say on that page that the links are for testing (squeeze)?
>
> I am looking for the CD image for an internet installation of 64-bit
> testing. Debian's download pages are terribly confusing.

I should add that I did finally find an ftp page with the CD image of
64-bit testing. But the download speed was pathetic, so I killed the
download. Then I found a torrent at:

http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/arch-latest/amd64/bt-cd/

But when I tried to add the torrent to Transmission I got "requested
download is not authorized for use with this tracker." What is up with
that?