-   -   No sound in kde4 (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/277596-no-sound-kde4.html)

"Todd A. Jacobs" 11-09-2009 06:48 PM

No sound in kde4

I seem to have lost sound in kde4 after a recent update. Phonon is
installed, but I can't select the multimedia configuration icon in
System Settings. Alsa looks like the card is detected as HDA Intel, and
the volumes are all where they are supposed to be.

How can I debug this?

--
"Oh, look: rocks!"
-- Doctor Who, "Destiny of the Daleks"

"Todd A. Jacobs" 11-09-2009 07:03 PM

No sound in kde4

On Mon, Nov 09, 2009 at 11:48:44AM -0800, Todd A. Jacobs wrote:

> I seem to have lost sound in kde4 after a recent update. Phonon is
> installed, but I can't select the multimedia configuration icon in
> System Settings. Alsa looks like the card is detected as HDA Intel,
> and the volumes are all where they are supposed to be.

I did a little more research, and it turns out that I only had
phonon-backend-null installed. I'm not sure why, but that certainly
wasn't helping.

I installed both phonon-backend-xine and phonon-backend-gstreamer, and
now the multimedia button on System Settings works, but I still get no
sound. :(

"Manolete, ese artista..." 11-10-2009 05:51 PM

No sound in kde4

I think you have to deinstall phonon-backend-gstreamer, but I'd recommend you to ask in http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde I think you'll get more precise help.