Old 11-09-2009, 06:44 PM
"Felix H. Dahlke"

Default Where can I get the LaTeX CTAN package glossaries in Debian?

Hi,

I am unable to find the "glossaries" package [1] in Debian stable,
testing or unstable.
The older "glossary" package is available, but it is no longer supported
and recommends "glossaries" [2].

I've found a bug report on what appears to be this very issue in
Ubuntu's bug tracker [3].

Does somebody here know whether this package is in Debian by now and how
I can get it?

[1] http://tug.ctan.org/cgi-bin/ctanPackageInformation.py?id=glossaries
[2] http://tug.ctan.org/cgi-bin/ctanPackageInformation.py?id=glossary
[3] http://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/texlive-base/+bug/296320

Old 11-12-2009, 11:35 PM
Emanoil Kotsev

Felix H. Dahlke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am unable to find the "glossaries" package [1] in Debian stable,
> testing or unstable.
> The older "glossary" package is available, but it is no longer supported
> and recommends "glossaries" [2].
>
> I've found a bug report on what appears to be this very issue in
> Ubuntu's bug tracker [3].
>
> Does somebody here know whether this package is in Debian by now and how
> I can get it?
>
> [1] http://tug.ctan.org/cgi-bin/ctanPackageInformation.py?id=glossaries
> [2] http://tug.ctan.org/cgi-bin/ctanPackageInformation.py?id=glossary
> [3] http://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/texlive-base/+bug/296320

you have few options

1. File a request to get the package included
2. Build a package on your own
3. Install the package on your own

I would choose 3 and go with 2 or 1 later.

regards