Old 11-09-2009, 03:22 PM
"Todd A. Jacobs"

Default fstab options for swap documented where?

I'm trying to find documentation for the mount options for swap, but am
turning up nothing in the man pages for fstab, swapon, or mount. Where
are the options documented?

--
"Oh, look: rocks!"
-- Doctor Who, "Destiny of the Daleks"

Old 11-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Tom H

> I'm trying to find documentation for the mount options for swap, but am
> turning up nothing in the man pages for fstab, swapon, or mount. Where
> are the options documented?

The Ubuntu fstab man page has pretty much the same output as "man
fstab" in Debian:
http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/jaunty/man5/fstab.5.html

The fourth field for swap is unexplained.

The FreeBSD fstab man page does explain the fourth field (and skips
the third...):
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=fstab&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=Fr eeBSD+7.2-RELEASE&format=html