Old 11-09-2009, 01:09 PM
Liviu Andronic

Default grahical md5 checksum?

Dear all
Does Debian have any graphical utility that can compute md5 checksums?
I am looking for something non-KDE-based similar to wxChecksums [1].

Thank you
Liviu

[1] http://wxchecksums.sourceforge.net/mainpage_en.html

--
Do you know how to read?
http://www.alienetworks.com/srtest.cfm

Old 11-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Jochen Schulz

Liviu Andronic:

> Does Debian have any graphical utility that can compute md5 checksums?
> I am looking for something non-KDE-based similar to wxChecksums [1].

What's the problem with wxChecksums? It isn't KDE/Qt-based, it uses
wxWidgets as the name suggests. But no, I cannot find anything like it
in the Debian repository.

J.
--
When driving at night I find the headlights of oncoming vehicles very
attractive.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Osamu Aoki

On Mon, Nov 09, 2009 at 02:09:45PM +0000, Liviu Andronic wrote:
> Dear all
> Does Debian have any graphical utility that can compute md5 checksums?
> I am looking for something non-KDE-based similar to wxChecksums [1].

You are looking app to run md5sum on a GUI dropped file ... THis can be
done under Gnome type GUI by creating launcher.

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/ch12.en.html#_shell_script_example_with_zenity

This is a bit complicated example of running some script. Forget about
script there but see

You may wish to create launcher on the desktop with command set
something like "/usr/local/bin/gmkrs02 %d".

%d and other documented in gnome launcher doc is your friend. (It may
%have been %f for file...)

Osamu