Old 11-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Aniruddha

Default Only rear speaker port is working

Hi,

I have a P5QD motherboard with an on board Intel 82801JI audio card.
Strangely enough only the rear speaker port is working in Linux. When
I plug my 2.1 speakers in the normal green audio port I get no sound
(in Windows it works therefor there should be no hardware problem).
Alsamixer shows only 2 channels: Master and PCM. I have manually
compiled an alsa module with module-assistant to no avail. Who has an
idea what might be the problem?