Old 11-08-2009, 04:39 AM
Matt Kraai

Default Installing a Shavian font for Epiphany

Hi,

I'd like to install a Shavian font so that I can take the Shavian
tutorial at

http://shavian.org.uk/learn/

using Epiphany. I've installed ttf-mph-2b-damase and unifont, as well
as used gnome-font-viewer to install the AndroclesUnicode.ttf font
linked to from the above URL, but the Shavian characters are always
shown as rectangles. Does anyone know how to make this work?

--
Matt http://ftbfs.org/kraai

Old 11-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Florian Kulzer

On Sat, Nov 07, 2009 at 21:39:55 -0800, Matt Kraai wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to install a Shavian font so that I can take the Shavian
> tutorial at
>
> http://shavian.org.uk/learn/
>
> using Epiphany. I've installed ttf-mph-2b-damase and unifont, as well
> as used gnome-font-viewer to install the AndroclesUnicode.ttf font
> linked to from the above URL, but the Shavian characters are always
> shown as rectangles. Does anyone know how to make this work?

All I needed to do for iceweasel was to save AndroclesUnicode.ttf in my
~/.fonts directory and then reload the web page. I have neither unifont
nor ttf-mph-2b-damase installed.

--
Regards, |
Florian |

Old 11-08-2009, 12:36 PM
Matt Kraai

On Sun, Nov 08, 2009 at 01:54:29PM +0100, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 07, 2009 at 21:39:55 -0800, Matt Kraai wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to install a Shavian font so that I can take the Shavian
> > tutorial at
> >
> > http://shavian.org.uk/learn/
> >
> > using Epiphany. I've installed ttf-mph-2b-damase and unifont, as well
> > as used gnome-font-viewer to install the AndroclesUnicode.ttf font
> > linked to from the above URL, but the Shavian characters are always
> > shown as rectangles. Does anyone know how to make this work?
>
> All I needed to do for iceweasel was to save AndroclesUnicode.ttf in my
> ~/.fonts directory and then reload the web page. I have neither unifont
> nor ttf-mph-2b-damase installed.

Thanks for the suggestion. If I use Iceweasel, the Shavian characters
show up correctly. If I use Epiphany, they're displayed as empty
rectangles. I'll file a bug report against Epiphany.

--
Matt http://ftbfs.org/kraai