Old 11-07-2009, 08:47 PM
roberto

Default moodle installation

Hello, i tried to install moodle 1.8.2 on lenny and i got many errors;
(i'll post them soon)

in the meantime, is there anyone who succeded in getting moodle
working on his machine ?
thanks

--
roberto

Old 05-17-2011, 01:44 AM
Damien Hull

I'm getting ready to install moodle. The moodle website says I can
just apt-get install moodle. Is this the best way to install moodle?

I've done this with wordpress in the past. Not the best way to install
that web app. I don't want to end up with a bunch of crap that's hard
to manage.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:49 AM
Jack Wallen

My reply to what Damien Hull said is:

What Damien Hull said in the first place:
#I'm getting ready to install moodle. The moodle website says I can
#just apt-get install moodle. Is this the best way to install moodle?

That will install an old version that doesn't work. I would install
from source. It's pretty easy to do.

#
#I've done this with wordpress in the past. Not the best way to install
#that web app. I don't want to end up with a bunch of crap that's hard
#to manage.
#
#--
#ubuntu-users mailing list
#ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
#Modify settings or unsubscribe at:

Jack Wallen
Writer of many things. Purchase my ebooks on amazon.com,
barnesandnoble.com,ebookstore.sony.com, smashwords.com,
autumnalpress.com View my tech articles on techrepublic.com, linux.com,
ghacks.net

Old 05-17-2011, 03:20 PM
Damien Hull

Yeah, I did a test install. That version is from the stone ages.... Thanks