Old 11-22-2007, 03:29 AM
Alex Samad

Default Configuring server with a virtual package

Hi

I am in the process of rebuilding one of my servers and I thought hey why not
build a package, that links all the other packages I need, and the
corresponding configuration files.

I am having a look at debhelper and maint-guide.

for example for server test.acme.com

I was going to create a package test.acme.com and making it dependant on the
required packages (I can specific a base minimum).

Any one else done this, what hurdles might I face ? How am i going to handle 2
packages owning a file, for example for bind and my custom package and the file
/etc/bind/named.conf ???

Alex