Old 03-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Daryl Styrk

Default Where to find old debian versions?

Jason Voorhees wrote:

Hi:

Does anybody know where can I get the iso images of debian potato,
woody and sarge maybe? I need to do some tests with old versions of
some packages.

Thanks

P.D.: Does someone know what debian version included MySQL Server 3.x?

http://www.debian.org/distrib/archive

Old 03-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Tzafrir Cohen

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 04:14:59PM -0500, Jason Voorhees wrote:

> P.D.: Does someone know what debian version included MySQL Server 3.x?

http://archive.debian.net
http://archive.debian.net/mysql-server

http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's
tzafrir@cohens.org.il | | best
ICQ# 16849754 | | friend

Old 03-11-2009, 11:08 PM
Jason Voorhees

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 4:53 PM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir@cohens.org.il> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 04:14:59PM -0500, Jason Voorhees wrote:
>
>> P.D.: Does someone know what debian version included MySQL Server 3.x?
>
> http://archive.debian.net
> http://archive.debian.net/mysql-server

Maybe I'm getting blind but I can't find iso images of those debian
versions, only pool repositories.
Is there any iso image available of old debians yet? If not... how
could I install them without iso images?

Old 03-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Tzafrir Cohen

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 07:08:48PM -0500, Jason Voorhees wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 4:53 PM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir@cohens.org.il> wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 04:14:59PM -0500, Jason Voorhees wrote:
> >
> >> P.D.: Does someone know what debian version included MySQL Server 3.x?
> >
> > http://archive.debian.net
> > http://archive.debian.net/mysql-server
> >

> Maybe I'm getting blind but I can't find iso images of those debian
> versions, only pool repositories.

Right. I only answered your second question. I believe someone has
already answered your first question (archive.debian.org IIRC)

http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's
tzafrir@cohens.org.il | | best
ICQ# 16849754 | | friend

Old 03-12-2009, 06:37 PM
"Andrew M.A. Cater"

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 07:08:48PM -0500, Jason Voorhees wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 4:53 PM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir@cohens.org.il> wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 04:14:59PM -0500, Jason Voorhees wrote:
> >
> >> P.D.: Does someone know what debian version included MySQL Server 3.x?
> >
> > http://archive.debian.net
> > http://archive.debian.net/mysql-server
> >

> Maybe I'm getting blind but I can't find iso images of those debian
> versions, only pool repositories.
> Is there any iso image available of old debians yet? If not... how
> could I install them without iso images?

ftp cdimage.debian.org

(anonymous ftp) user is ftp password is <username>@<return>

cd archive/releases

You should find the .jigdo files and templates for all previous versions
back to about 3.0r0 and a few links to older archived copies.

Download the .jigdo and .template files as appropriate.

Hope this helps,

AndyC

Old 03-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Jason Voorhees

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 2:37 PM, Andrew M.A. Cater
<amacater@galactic.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 07:08:48PM -0500, Jason Voorhees wrote:

>> > http://archive.debian.net
>> > http://archive.debian.net/mysql-server
>> >

>> Maybe I'm getting blind but I can't find iso images of those debian
>> versions, only pool repositories.
>> Is there any iso image available of old debians yet? If not... how
>> could I install them without iso images?
>>
> ftp cdimage.debian.org
>
> (anonymous ftp) user is ftp password is <username>@<return>
>
> cd archive/releases
>
> You should find the .jigdo files and templates for all previous versions
> back to about 3.0r0 and a few links to older archived copies.
>
> Download the .jigdo and .template files as appropriate.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> AndyC

Thanks, I'm going to check that with jigdo

Old 03-12-2009, 08:19 PM
Stefan Monnier

Just a note that this thread has finally convinced me to go and add the
emacs19 and emacs20 packages to my Debian installation. It took some
tweaking (adding a few dummy packages to fill in dependencies, plus
silence some post-inst script failures), but it appears to work well.
Thanks,

Stefan