Old 03-10-2009, 07:51 PM
German

Default Netinstall and ADSL

Is that possible to netinstall Debian with ADSL? Thanks.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Sjors Gielen

German wrote:
> Is that possible to netinstall Debian with ADSL? Thanks.

Of course, why not?
Just make sure you don't have a download limit, it tends to download
quite a lot of packages.

Sjors

Old 03-10-2009, 10:28 PM
Greg Madden

On Tuesday 10 March 2009, German wrote:
> Is that possible to netinstall Debian with ADSL? Thanks.

Is the question: does the net-install dial/config pppoe ? I haven't seen
that option. You may need a router setup to do the pppoe stuff and run a
dhcp server, or manually do IP addresses.

--
Peace

Greg Madden

Old 03-20-2009, 02:45 PM
Jeffrey Cao

On 2009-03-10, German <gentgerman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is that possible to netinstall Debian with ADSL? Thanks.

I don't think so. At least you have to set up dhcp service
in your local network and provide a mini ISO.
I don't think you can config pppoe before you get your minimal
system installed.
Better options are to config pppoe in your router or on another
computer and set up proxy for your install machine.

Old 03-20-2009, 04:05 PM
Lisi Reisz

On Tuesday 10 March 2009 20:51:25 German wrote:
> Is that possible to netinstall Debian with ADSL? Thanks.

Yes, it is easy if you use a modem/router for ADSL access. It Just Works.

Lisi