Old 03-10-2009, 09:42 AM
Svend Runge Nielsen

Default no sound in kde 4.2

Hi,

I've recently installed KDE 4.2 from the experimental branch.
But apparently I have no sound in KDE applications like amarok or dragon.

When I start an application that is supposed to give me sound, the system
replies that the sound device (HDA Intel (ALC662 Analog) ) doesn't work and
it is therefore falling back to the default audio device (what ever that
might be?)

I've have plenty of sound when I'm using non-kde applications like mplayer,
so I figure the problem lies in the KDE sound configuration. But I don't know
how to configure it!

Has anyone solved this or similar problem - I'm keen to hear about it.
Any tips on how to configure the KDE sound devices properly are also very
welcome.

/Svend

Old 03-10-2009, 10:12 AM
Umarzuki Mochlis

I've recently installed KDE 4.2 from the experimental branch.

But apparently I have no sound in KDE applications like amarok or dragon.

When I start an application that is supposed to give me sound, the system

replies that the sound device (HDA Intel (ALC662 Analog) ) doesn't work and

it is therefore falling back to the default audio device (what ever that

might be?)

I've have plenty of sound when I'm using non-kde applications like mplayer,

so I figure the problem lies in the KDE sound configuration. But I don't know

how to configure it!

Has anyone solved this or similar problem - I'm keen to hear about it.

Any tips on how to configure the KDE sound devices properly are also very

welcome.

/Svend
You have to try every channel (PCM, front etc.) then set it as master channel. It's the sound icon on the panel. It's known as kmix.

Umarzuki Mochlis
http://gameornot.net

Old 03-10-2009, 11:33 AM
Svend Runge Nielsen

Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:
> You have to try every channel (PCM, front etc.) then set it as master
> channel. It's the sound icon on the panel. It's known as kmix.

Thank you for the advice, but it doesn't correct the problem.

/Svend