Old 03-10-2009, 09:40 AM
Sascha Silbe

Default Setting permissions for individual LVs permanently

How do I set ownership and permissions for individual LVs permanently?
I've managed to set permissions for the corresponding /dev/dm-* via
udev, but I'd like to use symbolic names (i.e. /dev/<VG>/<LV> or at
least /dev/mapper/<VG>-<LV>) and can't figure out where to configure the
permissions for those - they don't seem to get created via udevm
/etc/lvm/lvm.conf contains no settings for individual volumes and
lvchange doesn't seem to support changing permissions (only read/write)
either.

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/