Old 11-21-2007, 10:14 PM
Jeffrey Rolland

Default Recreate Certificate ofr Apache-SSL

Hello, all!

I am trying to set up apache-ssl on my Debian Etch box (it is an iMac
G3, but this is not a PowerPC issue, so I am not posting to the
debian-powerpc list).

When I followed the prompts to enter the hostname for my box, 1) I
wasn't sure if it just wanted the computer name (e.g., yamato) or the
FQDN (e.g., yamato.mydomain.net), so I just entered the computer name
and 2) I misspelled the computer name

So, I need to generate a new certificate at any rate.

My questions are 1) should I put the computer name or FQDN in the
hostname when I generate the new certificate and 2) how do I generate a
new certificate?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Sincerely,
--
Jeffrey Rolland
<jrolland@wiremail.org>

"The weed of crime bears bitter fruit; crime does NOT pay! The Shadow
knows!"
- _The Shadow_