Old 03-10-2009, 06:41 AM
martin f krafft

Default Debian packages for cool open source collaboration tools?

also sprach Rogelio <scubacuda@gmail.com> [2009.03.10.0749 +0100]:
> I'm looking for open source collaboration and project management
> tools, preferably already packaged in deb or apt-get.
>
> Ideally, I'd like to build my own internal resources like Google
> Docs, Meeting Wizard, Etherpad, etc. I'd like the idea of having
> them secure and free *internal* resources.

Please consider starting a Wiki page where you document your
findings on http://wiki.debian.org/Software, e.g. at
http://wiki.debian.org/Collaboration

Thanks,

--
.'`. martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o> Related projects:
: :' : proud Debian developer http://debiansystem.info

"the human brain is like an enormous fish --
it is flat and slimy
and has gills through which it can see."
-- monty python

Old 03-10-2009, 07:31 AM
Rogelio

martin f krafft wrote:

Please consider starting a Wiki page where you document your
findings on http://wiki.debian.org/Software, e.g. at
http://wiki.debian.org/Collaboration

Yeah, will certainly do so.

Right now, I'm using Project Pier in lieu of BaseCamp/ActiveCollab, and
I'm liking it a lot. Not as full featured, but light, easy to use, and
(of course) open source.

It's not Debian specific, as much as a quick PHP app you can throw on
your LAMP box and rock and roll.

Thanks for the link to the wiki page. I hadn't seen that. (I'm
relatively new to the Debian world)

Old 03-10-2009, 12:31 PM
"Stackpole, Chris"

Give http://opengoo.org/ a shot. It has most of the features I was
looking for, and the ones it doesn't have are on the roadmap for future
releases. Not saying it is perfect, but we have been pretty happy with
it.

If you want to test and play around with it, give the 1.3rc a shot. It
looks like 1.3 will be going stable in the next week or so and it is
shaping up to be an impressive release (at least for the new
features/bug fixes that I watch :-). Yes, I know it is rc at the moment
but I figure you should get to see all the new features that will be
released soon.

Hope that helps.

Have fun!
~Stack~