Old 03-09-2009, 12:46 PM
"Thomas H. George"

Default Iceape Blocking Images

Suddenly Iceape has started blocking images replacing them with a top
row of black diamonds containing question marks. The images are not
just popup ads. For example, if I click on Help/About Plugins I get a
page which is blank except for a row of the black diamonds at the top.

I upgraded to Lenny many months ago and until now have never had a
serious problem. The image/black diamond problem just showed up this
past weekend so after Lenny became stable.

What's going on?

Old 03-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Johannes Wiedersich

Thomas H. George wrote:
> Suddenly Iceape has started blocking images replacing them with a top
> row of black diamonds containing question marks. The images are not
> just popup ads. For example, if I click on Help/About Plugins I get a
> page which is blank except for a row of the black diamonds at the top.
>
> I upgraded to Lenny many months ago and until now have never had a
> serious problem. The image/black diamond problem just showed up this
> past weekend so after Lenny became stable.
>
> What's going on?

Just guessing: nothing has changed in lenny over the weekend, so it's
probably some config setting, that's been changed?

[I'm using iceweasel and everything is fine, but really I can't find
anything in lenny that was changed -- not even a security update]

Cheers,
Johannes