Old 03-08-2009, 11:43 AM
Star Liu

Default does these warning messages important?

Following are the warning messages when startup my debian sid amd64

Mar 8 20:11:10 Desktop modprobe: WARNING: All config files need
.conf: /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base, it will be ignored in a future
release.
Mar 8 20:11:10 Desktop modprobe: WARNING: All config files need
.conf: /etc/modprobe.d/no-ipv6, it will be ignored in a future
release.
Mar 8 20:11:10 Desktop modprobe: WARNING: All config files need
.conf: /etc/modprobe.d/libpisock9, it will be ignored in a future
release.
Mar 8 20:11:10 Desktop modprobe: WARNING: All config files need
.conf: /etc/modprobe.d/linux-sound-base_noOSS, it will be ignored in a
future release.
Mar 8 20:11:10 Desktop modprobe: WARNING: All config files need
.conf: /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist, it will be ignored in a future
release.
Mar 8 20:11:10 Desktop modprobe: WARNING: All config files need
.conf: /etc/modprobe.d/display_class, it will be ignored in a future
release.
Mar 8 20:11:10 Desktop modprobe: WARNING: All config files need
.conf: /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base-blacklist, it will be ignored in a
future release.
Mar 8 20:11:10 Desktop modprobe: WARNING: All config files need
.conf: /etc/modprobe.d/pnp-hotplug, it will be ignored in a future
release.

I found some functions doesn't work, for example, when i click the
link in pidgin, it cannot start up the web browser anymore. when i
click on the exe file(built by mono), it cannot start, i doubt it's
caused by this. how could i resolve it, adding a .conf to these files?
thanks

Old 03-08-2009, 11:49 AM
Umarzuki Mochlis

[...]

I got these sort of messages too on my Sid AMD64

Umarzuki Mochlis
http://gameornot.net

Old 03-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Frank Lanitz

On Sun, 8 Mar 2009 20:49:42 +0800
Umarzuki Mochlis <umarzuki@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/3/8 Star Liu <minxinjianxin@gmail.com>
>
> > Following are the warning messages when startup my debian sid amd64
> >
> > Mar 8 20:11:10 Desktop modprobe: WARNING: All config files need
> > .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base, it will be ignored in a future
> > release.
> > Mar 8 20:11:10 Desktop modprobe: WARNING: All config files need
> > .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/no-ipv6, it will be ignored in a future
> > release.
> > Mar 8 20:11:10 Desktop modprobe: WARNING: All config files need
> > .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/libpisock9, it will be ignored in a future
> > release.
> > Mar 8 20:11:10 Desktop modprobe: WARNING: All config files need
> > .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/linux-sound-base_noOSS, it will be ignored
> > in a future release.
> > Mar 8 20:11:10 Desktop modprobe: WARNING: All config files need
> > .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist, it will be ignored in a future
> > release.
> > Mar 8 20:11:10 Desktop modprobe: WARNING: All config files need
> > .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/display_class, it will be ignored in a future
> > release.
> > Mar 8 20:11:10 Desktop modprobe: WARNING: All config files need
> > .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base-blacklist, it will be ignored in a
> > future release.
> > Mar 8 20:11:10 Desktop modprobe: WARNING: All config files need
> > .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/pnp-hotplug, it will be ignored in a future
> > release.
> >
> > I found some functions doesn't work, for example, when i click the
> > link in pidgin, it cannot start up the web browser anymore. when i
> > click on the exe file(built by mono), it cannot start, i doubt it's
> > caused by this. how could i resolve it, adding a .conf to these
> > files? thanks
> >

> I got these sort of messages too on my Sid AMD64

I guess you are referring to

Cheers,
Frank
--