Old 03-08-2009, 08:24 AM
Star Liu

Default how to compile gtk+ programs?

I'm trying to build a sample gtk+ program on debian sid amd64, by
following the tutorial from gtk.org, but get this error:

Desktop:~/eclipseworkspace/DebianCPlus/src# gcc -o Gtk Gtk.c
`pkg-config --libs --cflags gtk+2.0`
Package gtk+2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtk+2.0.pc'
No package 'gtk+2.0' found

I have installed libgtk2.0-dev, how to resolve the error? thanks.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Star Liu

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 5:24 PM, Star Liu <minxinjianxin@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to build a sample gtk+ program on debian sid amd64, by
> following the tutorial from gtk.org, but get this error:
>
> Desktop:~/eclipseworkspace/DebianCPlus/src# gcc -o Gtk Gtk.c
> `pkg-config --libs --cflags gtk+2.0`
> Package gtk+2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtk+2.0.pc'
> No package 'gtk+2.0' found
>
> I have installed libgtk2.0-dev, how to resolve the error? thanks.

i have got it, it should be gtk+-2.0, not gtk+2.0